If you are wondering who the top tech innovators in higher education are, you have come to the right place. I’ve listed down the top tech innovators worldwide.-
– Newsela is an app that turns old-school textbooks into interactive online learning experiences. After downloading the Newsela app, you can read a textbook chapter from Newsela on your iPhone or iPad and then get feedback as you follow along online. The app’s technology platform uses artificial intelligence to recognize when you’re reading and follow along with your reading, so you’ll never see the words you’ve read on your screen again. Once you’re done with the text, you can share your reading with others in the Newsela community.
– Civitas Learning is a UK-based educational technology company that specialises in the provision of open learning and digital tools to universities, colleges, and post-16 institutions of higher education. Civitas Learning has been selected by the New York Times, The Times, and The Daily Telegraph as one of the best companies in the world for its approach to education. Civitas Learning offers an alternative to the traditional college and university model and is helping institutions across the nation improve student success rates and lower tuition costs. Civitas Learning has over 5,000 students enrolled in hundreds of online programs, offering certificates, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees in a variety of fields.
– Dreambox Learning, a company that offers online computer-based learning, announced yesterday that it had acquired Higher One, a mobile learning company that uses text messages to deliver classes and certificates to the mobile phone. Founded in 2006, Dreambox was the first company to offer online computer-based education. It charges $15 a month for each course and typically offers a course in eight weeks. Dreambox says it has about 650,000 customers worldwide, including more than 10,000 schools. It is an award-winning educational media company that produces and distributes high-quality educational DVDs, online courses, and mobile apps that are used by more than two million students. The company is committed to helping students learn through the power of technology, and its educational innovations have helped generate a tremendous amount of interest worldwide.
– GoGuardian is an online educational platform designed to connect students with faculty, alumni, and alumni organizations. The platform offers a series of tools for students to receive free access to a wide range of publications, videos, and other educational resources and is available to any college or university that has GoGuardian in its name. The GoGuardian project aims to develop a platform that makes it easy for universities to share research papers and other research materials and identify the best management practices. The project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and is now moving into the next phase.
– Coursera is one of the most popular sites in the world right now. While the service is designed for online learning, it is also an innovative platform with new ideas in the world of higher education. These ideas are the result of a collaboration between several universities and Coursera. Since the collaboration began in 2012, the total number of universities that have started a partnership with Coursera has increased. The list of institutions that have joined Coursera has grown to include the University of Oxford, the University of Michigan, and the University of Pennsylvania.
– Duolingo has become the “App of the Year” once again in the higher education world. In fact, it’s been awarded the distinction five years in a row. It’s easy to see why—50 million users in over 180 different countries already speak 150 different languages. They say, “If you’re going to learn a language, learn it the right way.” Duolingo is a language learning app.
The language learning app is definitely the most recognizable in the higher ed space. As the largest and most popular education platform in the world, Duolingo has created a buzz with its ability to quickly and easily teach any language. What’s more, it is available for free to anyone and is supported by advertisements and donations. Triggered by this success, a number of higher education institutions are now integrating Duolingo into their own programs.